16 August 2008

BodyCombat Heroes Campaign

This video is along the lines of the general aesthetic quality I would like to achieve. Whilst it is not instructional, I'd like to carry the essence of mood, style and genre into my piece. I am not tied to copy the style of Les Mills productions, but as they are the only company who put this exercise routine into clubs, I think it is worth while noting and drawing from their publications as my work should compliment and fall into line along side existing material to create a coherent aesthetic.
Notice they have avoided ground shadows and other problems encountered with such filming by creating an artificial mist on the ground.
I am interested in the surreal, annonomous setting they have used, and noticed the changes of perspective with the cuts from full body to close up. Although an obvious point to note, it was not one I had considered trying to achieve myself. This does help the video to make sense, and give it a level of professionalism which my previously rendered 'general background' videos lacked.

No comments: