09 January 2008

Finishing off

This week I have been finalising design decisions and ironing out creases of my project. There are still a few things that I cant sort out on my own, but generally it is how I want it to be and I am looking forward to presenting it.

Outcomes of options discussed in last blog:
Buttons changing when section is being viewed: Decided to keep it very subtle and just fade them slightly when section is being viewed so as to indicate what is playing but not to distract.
Grey space: Decided to use the space to introduce the section when curser hovers over the title by making a small sequence showing snippets of the picture and using ideas taken from the theme of the section.
Adding sound: Really pleased I got round to adding sound as it really brings the piece to life. Would have preferred to make my own sounds for the piece, but it was too difficult and time consuming to get it accurate and good enough quality with my equipment. Instead I downloaded free samples from www.soundsnap.com. The end result is very close to what I intended.

No comments: