09 January 2008

Project ideas

I'm making a list of project ideas I would like to explore, mainly so I don't forget them, but also incase anyone has any comments or ideas they would like to share.

Self promo website:
I desperatly need a personal website advertising my skills to promote my freelance work

My font:
I have always been interested in designing a font, and I would like to make one based on my handwriting

Film footage:
I would like to make a short film in the style of Frank Miller's Sin City as I am curious about what is involved in creating the special effects. I'm generally not a big fan of this genre, I didnt enjoy the story or theme (infact, I can hardly remember it) it was only the graphics and effects which kept me in amazement. This may be a too ambitious project for me to do, I dont really know what's involved. I'm looking into it though.
***Edit***
I looked up Sin City on You Tube and it seems loads of people have attempted to recreate these effects. Unfortunately they all look very poor and amateur. The chances are I wont do much better with lack of experience and no budget. The essence of my desire to do this it to learn what is involved and what can be achieved. I'd like to find a way of doing this without it being comparable to something far superior.

Fitness session graphics:
I regularly attend fitness classes, particularly body combat - It's in a studio, up to 25 people participate, there is an instructor, and loud music to take you right through, from warm-up, intense work out and cool down. I often find myself trying to imagine patterns and colors to fit the mood of the track, and wonder if graphics projected on the wall would help or enhance the experience. It might be interesting to replace the instructor with a projected image or animation, but the interaction and live encouragement of the instructor is crucial. So my idea for a project is to have a go at making a video to accompany this type of class work out. It could involve some animation, maybe demonstrating the moves, or highlighting which areas of the body are being worked on, as well as patterns and colors.

A music video:
A basic idea, but I am interested in putting images to sound, and have many ideas for what could make an interesting visual. I would like to have the chance to experiment more with creating artworks and animations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though the film footage is a good idea, production wise its going to be tough. I would say look into 3D applications with regards to rendering footage which will have the right kind of style you want. Invent your own, that way you don't have to contend with film studio's billion dollar budgets!