08 December 2007

Design Decisions

I've sorted it for now, I have worked out how to get it doing what I want to do.
Have a few design decision to make:

* Buttons - should they change on mouse hover or selection? Is it necessary? I suppose it might be nice to have an indication of what section is being viewed. This is something which can not be achieved so easily with a printed book, so it would be good to use this feature as I am embracing the different possibilities that this media offers me.

* Menu - Is it too blank with grey space above? Is there a need to fill it? If this were a contents page of a book, would I put anything there? It was suggested I use a logo or graphic.... I'm not convinced that this kind of element would fit with the overall piece. Yes, I agree that maybe this page looks slightly unfinished, not fully developed, and as if it is lacking some thought. Rather than a logo I'd prefer to use maybe faint snippets of the featured photographs, keeping the style I have created of the squared and fading sequences.

* Adding sound - I really like the idea of adding ambient to it. This is a step which would take the piece further into the 'digital/on screen' realm, away from the two dimensional book aspect.

I am really keen to take this piece as far as I can. However, I am finding lack of time and slow technical skills are holding me back.

No comments: