22 January 2008

Particles of ideas

My chosen partner is Mike. He's the perfect person for me to work with. He is highly creative, had lots of interests and is always enthusiastic. We both did the BA Graphic Design degree, where he excelled in illustration, and went on to develop great skills with design for print. He now works full time at a publishers in Norwich, where he is involved in web design.

I suggested we do something on-screen, rather than printed, and thought it would be good to involve some illustration and character design. I told him I am interested in doing an animation, but time constraints may make this tricky. He replied with:

Hi Charlotte

I agree about moving away from print as that's my day job. I think web or character design would appeal much more. I think we share interests in gothic style so it might be cool to use that in animation? Or an interactive media thing in flash? Like a story book maybe? We should meet up at mine soon and brainstorm. What are your plans for Friday eve?

Mike


So we met up and came up with this basic description of what we would like to make:
...an on-screen, interactive piece of creative entertainment. It would most likely aimed at a younger audience, in which case we feel it should have some educational or allegory value. This may take the form of an animated story or poem. We are interested in using a mix of mediums and techniques as we are find of eclectic styles and ideas. This work can involve animations, motion graphics, typography, and sound.

No comments: